Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back at it...

People kept asking me to leave the Senegal trip photos and journal up. I think finally the interest has waned. I (think) I have done my final formal presentation on the trip and everything I learned. So, now it's time to move forward with the blogging. Admittedly, if you know me, you know I keep a written journal that I'm much more dedicated to. I can never seem to stay faithful to this blogging thing, but I'm going to try...again. (Perhaps if I stay off the social networking sites--the latest craze being facebook--I would have more to say here every day.) I do see the value in it. It's a way to stay connected to those who may care to see my perspective on the world or those who are intent on following my writing...I owe you a lot, by the way...

So, my thought for today...
Is there a way to put the benefits of sleep into a capsule? I swear there are not enough hours in the day to get stuff done. We say it all the time, and we hear it all the time. I was reading once that Einstein slept 12 hours a day...12 hours!? I kept reading that thinking surely they must have meant 1 - 2 hours. (I mean, really, does he look rested to you?)

How could anybody be that productive sleeping half of the day? It's hard enough for me to get six hours and feel like I'm getting anything done. I know that means I have too much going on in my life...too many distractions. I suppose if I were more focused on what really matters (and less on the things we feel we just "have to do," my waking hours would be more productive and I could sign out for 12 hours too...

No comments: