Thursday, February 18, 2010

Orange Mint & Honey...Hmm...


I just figured out what I want to be when I grow up. A writer, of course. Nothing new here; It's what I've always done and what I've always wanted to do, but today I saw something that made me dream again. One of my writer friends posted a Facebook status update about an upcoming Lifetime movie called Sins of the Mother, starring Jill Scott. I had seen the movie preview a time or two but never knew the movie was based on a book. In fact, before today, it's sad to say I had never even heard of the title or the author: Orange Mint and Honey by Carleen Brice. And just like that, Carleen Brice is one of my new sheros as I can think of very few things I would like better than to have one of my books made into a movie, big screen or flat screen.

Essence magazine-endorsed Orange Mint and Honey was published in February of 2008, but a little research shows me that Carleen Brice has been on the scene for quite a while, having both fiction and non-fiction titles to her credit that date back to 2003, perhaps earlier.

I was a bit bothered by the fact that I'm finding out about this gem along with the masses who generally don't read. It is most certain that the book sales will skyrocket as the movie is advertised. Already Literally Gems is considering it for the book of the month at some point this year.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a regular Lifetime Movie Network viewer (I'm more of an Investigation Discovery addict), but I will be tuning in this weekend to catch Sins of the Mother. Do I have time to read the book first?

Watch the trailer.
Buy the Book.
Check out the author.

3 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

It's a fast read. You can do it! :) Thanks for the shout out!

MB Parker said...

WOW. I am so honored that you were here! I really want to read it before the movie airs, but it has officially been chosen as my book club's pick of the month for March. I feel committed to wait...darn.

Nikki said...

I look forward to your next book. Don't make me wait too long.