Friday, May 14, 2010

This morning's challenge...

Even though it was short notice, I did something fun this morning. Checking my email, I ran across this Writer's Digest one-sentence contest:

For the September "Big 10" issue of Writer’s Digest we’re doing something a little different for the Your Story Contest. We’re featuring the 10 best story openers based on the [displayed photograph] incorporating the number 10. (This is a bonus contest that was not announced in the magazine.)

Here's how it works: Simply write the opening sentence to a story based on the picture below. Please limit your sentence to 35 words or fewer.


I thought about posting my entry here this morning but figured I should probably wait until the contest results were announced. If you are a writer and can beat the deadline (TODAY), you should give it a shot, or just for kicks, you can post what your entry would have been as a reply to this blog entry. (Remember, 35 words or fewer.)

No comments: