Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The MBParker Archives--"Must One Sell Out..."


As you know, I posted some of my really old work on the website for all to see (scroll down to the archives at [link no longer available] ). It's funny to me--even though it has been YEARS since I last thought about these works, a lot of them still seem relevant to me today. For example, I am currently in limbo again about how I should wear my hair. I'm loving a bouffant, curly afro this summer, but I know August is right around the corner and I will have to go back to work on campus. I'm surprised I still think about things like whether or not my look is "corporate enough" Monday through Friday. That's the same stuff I was talking about in "Must One Sell Out to Buy the American Dream" (1998). I can't say that I remember what motivated me to write it back then, but it certainly still fits today.

No comments: