As you can see from the date of my last post, I had truly abandoned this blog. I cannot really remember why I did so at the time, other than I never have been one to keep up with a "journal" on an absolute daily basis. (However, I do have an on-again-off-again journal for every year of my life, dating back to high school. Now that there's some interesting reading. LMBO.) Another reason for my long absence here is that I discovered Myspace (www.myspace.com/margueritebenjaminparker) a ways back and started a bit of a blog (also seldom updated) there.
Originally, this blog was to be a bit of a discussion cafe for my fledgling book club, then Parker-Bordeaux Reading Group. Two years later, the gorup is still going strong. We've grown quite a bit, lost and gained some members and got a new name. You can find us now at our new home on the web http://www.literallygems.com/. Our new website, while full of life, does not (yet) have a blog. Hmm... I said yet when, in fact, I doubt we will ever have one. The team blog concept just did not pan out for us. Even after the trouble of fonally getting all signed up, we were all just too busy to keep up with the thing.
I think now, this blog will become what most people's blogs are, just an online journal for me. I am going to try very hard (for real this time) to keep up with the thing. I actually have some pretty exciting things to share coming up. Namely, I'll be in AFRICA next month for a study visit. I REALLY want to chronicle that trip here. Aside from still not knowing enough French to fill a thimble, I'm very excited about the trip.
So, let's see how this goes... Any wagers? Will I keep up with it this time or not?
No comments:
Post a Comment