Saturday, May 17, 2008

Miracles never cease...

I cannot believe it is quarter til nine on a Saturday morning and my babies are still in bed. Usually by 7am Mykal is peeling my eyelids back asking for Cheerios. I thought I would take this moment and get at least one entry in. It took me a little while to get started though. With cnn.com as my homepage, the first thing I always see when I sit at my computer is world news. I must say, this past week has truly been a rough one for the world. Today, my heart and prayers are still going out to China. Sure, closer to home there are "tragedies" happening. Economic slump and insane gas prices are unsettling the locals, but we have never seen the likes of earthquakes and other natural disasters that wipe out what amounts to more than the population of the city in which we live in a matter of minutes. These are praying times. I was thinking at one time of taking cnn.com off as my homepage--too depressing. However, now I think I'll leave it there...so I know how to direct my prayers.

It still doesn't officially feel like "summer vacation" to me. I guess that's because I decided to teach summer classes this time, and they start on Monday. Still, they're online and I don't have to keep regular office hours, though I'm sure I will be there still. I need to go ahead and finish tying up all my travel loose ends before I start having those "unprepared" nightmares.

You know, I just hought of something. I need to think of a way to keep the most personal aspects of my home life out of this blog. (It's kind of hard to do when I revert to using it as a journal.) Still, there are such things as stalkers in this world, and I'm not trying to invite strangers into the deepest parts of me here. So, is my task for today to think of a singular theme for my blog? Sounds like a challenge... Dare me.

No comments: