Monday, May 19, 2008

Television OFF...Brain ON...

Need I say more. There is very little that holds my attention for long on TV anyway, yet sometimes I find myself skipping from channel to channel or watching a marathon of shows I have already seen before. I have a thing for certain sitcoms and almost any plastic surgery, medical wonder, forensic science, or investigation type show. When I get into one of these, I can spend literally hours on end glued to the set.

Now we know that is counterproductive. Trying to validate my vegging, I have even used the excuse "maybe I'll see something that will spark an idea for writing." Well, let me tell you, that rarely--if ever--happens. Hence, I am on a TV diet. No more than one hour any given day, no matter what. Whew, that's harsh...how about two hours...an hour and a half? I know, I know...Television OFF...Brain ON...

No comments: