Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hats off...

...to all the authors who have made it to the point where they write for a living (i.e., no longer have the "day job"). The past few days have been incredibly hectic for me. I've just started teaching a new round of online classes and the "setting up" process of Week 1 has me rattled. What's worse is I've spent so much time working on the classes, I have barely written a word outside of email replies to students. I can tell a real difference between myself now and say 10-12 years ago. Back then, I could make it for two days off of ten minutes of sleep, but now... I am seeing double.

One day I will be able to say that I write for a living (and not just that I live to write, because you know I do), for the time being, though, I'll just have to keep trying to burn the candle at both ends and hope I'm strong enough to make it. Selah.

No comments: