Last night I reluctantly sent the schedule for my major summer writing project to my accountability partner. In exchange for my watchful eye on her progress as well, she has agreed to hold me to my schedule. Why do we do this? If you are a writer, you know how easy it can be to lose focus now and then. I cannot count the number of times I have scheduled and rescheduled a production date due to procrastination, writer's block...life. Having a network of acccountability partners helped me stay on track with A Debt Too Deep. So, I know if I'm going to have this sequel ready for release this fall, I need someone to help keep the fire lit under me.
Do you have a goal you really want to reach? Whether it be writing, banishing debt, or staying clear of a no-good-for-you old flame, do yourself a favor and get an accountability partner. (Yes, have someone all up in your business, looking over your shoulder... and choose someone that you would hesitate to let down.) It can make the difference in you meeting your goal and making a new schedule for the same goal again next year. Selah.
No comments:
Post a Comment